Online Video Counseling
Online Video Counseling or “Telecounseling” via video or phone is a viable form of treatment to promote continuity of care when the client or the practitioner cannot physically be present in the practitioner’s office. This will be real-time counseling or life coaching by computer, tablet or phone at a scheduled appointment time.
Online Video Counseling is very effective for most clients but may not be the best venue for some people.
Online Video Counseling Procedure:
1 – Make an appointment as usual through our office at (919-260-5830)
Request Telecounseling with your counselor or life coach.
2 – Register for Clocktree: We will send you an email or text to register for CLOCKTREE (our HIPAA compliant platform). Follow the simple instructions to complete the registration process.
3 – Intake Forms: Once registration is complete, you will receive an email from our office with your new client forms required for your appointment. Please follow these steps to complete and return these forms as soon as possible:
- Before entering any info, save each attachment as a new file on your computer.
- Open new file to read, complete, and/or date and e-sign, as indicated.
- Be sure to save your information to these new files. (Because the forms are “fillable” does not mean the info automatically saves. Use “CTRL S” to do so, if needed.)
- Return to us by email as a new attachment using this email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
4 – AFTER receiving your intake documents, you will receive an email invitation from CLOCKTREE with a link to your online appointment room. The email will provide the day, time of appointment and live link for your session. Please ‘accept’ the invitation, but do not click on the link until the time of your appointment.
Day/Time of Session
- Set up your computer or device having your audio turned on (lower right corner)
- At the time of your session, click on the live link provided in the email sent earlier and you will be in the online video ‘waiting room’
- Wait until your provider joins you online. If there is a long delay, or your provider does not join you within 10 minutes of your scheduled session, please call our office at 919-260-5830
- Plan to end your session after 50 minutes as usual